I will explain here how and why I see Information Management being an important element of everyone's life--information management has an effect on an organism's survival, one's personal life, and an organization's standing in the market.
My undergraduate studies were in Biology; my graduate studies are in Management Information Systems; my life studies have been the subject of faith--understanding what moves me to action, what moves others to action. It may not be obvious to everyone, so I will explain how I see all three of these studies being related. My biological studies taught me to observe carefully what I can, question what I can't directly observe until I can "virtually observe" and understand the elements of my world. The general concepts are: OBSERVATION OF THE KNOWN, QUESTIONING THE UNKNOWN TO THE POINT OF UNDERSTANDING, and DEFINING 'MY WORLD'. My graduate studies have taught me to observe business processes, motivations, goal accomplishment, and supporting technologies; question those elements and study and improve them through abstraction and modeling techniques. It is understood in this observation and questioning process that the context must be well-defined. The general concepts described here are: OBSERVATION AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE KNOWN, QUESTIONING AND DESCRIBING THE UNKNOWN POSSIBILITIES, AND DOING ALL THIS WITH A FIRM GRASP OF THE OPERATIONAL CONTEXT. My life studies on faith have taught me to carefully consider why I do what I choose to do, why I choose to believe what I choose to believe (which really determines what I choose to do), and how I can improve my ability to accomplish goals that are important to me (again, based on what I choose to believe). My studies on faith have been enhanced by and faith itself strengthened through the acquisition and application of information. The general concepts are: INTROSPECTIVE 'OBSERVATION' AND UNDERSTANDING, QUESTIONING MY MOTIVATIONS, DISCOVERY OF THE UNKNOWN IN THE CONTEXT OF MY CHOSEN BELIEF SYSTEM. It should be clear that I relate each of these areas in terms of OBSERVATION, QUESTIONING, and DEFINING OR REDEFINING OPERATIONAL ENVIRONMENTS (i.e. the environment in which one performs activities). Since information leads to knowledge and knowledge is power, information management (yes, even at the level of a single cell) is important to all living things.
My undergraduate studies were in Biology; my graduate studies are in Management Information Systems; my life studies have been the subject of faith--understanding what moves me to action, what moves others to action. It may not be obvious to everyone, so I will explain how I see all three of these studies being related. My biological studies taught me to observe carefully what I can, question what I can't directly observe until I can "virtually observe" and understand the elements of my world. The general concepts are: OBSERVATION OF THE KNOWN, QUESTIONING THE UNKNOWN TO THE POINT OF UNDERSTANDING, and DEFINING 'MY WORLD'. My graduate studies have taught me to observe business processes, motivations, goal accomplishment, and supporting technologies; question those elements and study and improve them through abstraction and modeling techniques. It is understood in this observation and questioning process that the context must be well-defined. The general concepts described here are: OBSERVATION AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE KNOWN, QUESTIONING AND DESCRIBING THE UNKNOWN POSSIBILITIES, AND DOING ALL THIS WITH A FIRM GRASP OF THE OPERATIONAL CONTEXT. My life studies on faith have taught me to carefully consider why I do what I choose to do, why I choose to believe what I choose to believe (which really determines what I choose to do), and how I can improve my ability to accomplish goals that are important to me (again, based on what I choose to believe). My studies on faith have been enhanced by and faith itself strengthened through the acquisition and application of information. The general concepts are: INTROSPECTIVE 'OBSERVATION' AND UNDERSTANDING, QUESTIONING MY MOTIVATIONS, DISCOVERY OF THE UNKNOWN IN THE CONTEXT OF MY CHOSEN BELIEF SYSTEM. It should be clear that I relate each of these areas in terms of OBSERVATION, QUESTIONING, and DEFINING OR REDEFINING OPERATIONAL ENVIRONMENTS (i.e. the environment in which one performs activities). Since information leads to knowledge and knowledge is power, information management (yes, even at the level of a single cell) is important to all living things.
No comments:
Post a Comment